Cemetery/Death RecordsCemetery & Death RecordsCemetery & Death RecordsCemetery and Death Records
Census Records
This is the "Military Records" page of the "Genealogy" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

This is the place to begin searching for your family roots
Last Updated: Dec 29, 2016 URL: http://suffolktopicguides.org/content.php?pid=31357 Print Guide RSS Updates

Military Records Print Page

Requesting Military Records

Military records consist of service records, pension records, and bounty-land records.

Service Records for the years c.1775-1916 are available by submitting NATF Form 86 to:

National Archives and Records Administration,

Attn: NWCTB, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20408-0001.


Military Service Records for c.1917 to the present are available by submitting

form SF 180 to:

National Personnel Records Center,

1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, Missouri 63138

 Pension Records include veteran pensions as well as pension applications of widows. 

 Copies of military pension claims (1775-1916) can be requested by submitting

NATF Form 85 to NARA in Washington D.C.


Soldiers who sought land as a substitute for wages filed Bounty-Land Warrants.  

 To access bounty land warrant applications (1775-1855) submit form NATF Form 85 to

NARA in Washington D.C.

To request military forms, visit the NARA Website at:



Military Research at the National Archives: Pension Records


Military Research at the National Archives: Volunteer Service


Military Research at the National Archives: Regular Service


Loading  Loading...